Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lovin' Bob Marley

This one should make my daughter happy. She's a huge Bob Marley fan. And I thought, that maybe, in light of the furious flurry of nasty political debates going on, we should take a moment and reflect on something a little more within our control

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,
the world will be at peace.

I am entitled to my opinion. You are entitled to yours. This is fact. I will not personally attack or belittle you for what you choose to believe in. Please do not attack me. This country allows us the freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean you need to exercise it however you'd like.

I have not walked in your shoes. I do not know your trials, your tribulations, your hurdles, your sacrifices or the things that have shaped your beliefs and your ideology. You do not know the paths, or lack thereof, where I have walked to shape and forge my beliefs and ideology.

One sentence can carry various meanings depending upon how and from where you are reading it.

One Love!

2 comments: