Friday, October 24, 2014

Lunch?

There is a question often asked that if you could have lunch with anyone, living or passed, who would it be and why?


My answer, for the past several years, has been my mom.


I'm sure I could learn from great historical figures.
I'm sure I could educate myself from philosophers and brilliant minds from long ago.
I bet I could lose myself in a world of art and music and literature from past masters of their crafts.
I bet I could find several realms of serenity sitting with Gandhi or Buddha.


And yet, I'd do just about anything for just one more game of Scrabble.
Just to hear her laughter, or see that crooked, impish grin.
One more "You Bet!" or "Next!"
Another family band night would be amazing.
I'd love to just chat one more time, about nothing important. Just chat.
I'd even settle for just sitting quietly next to one another.
Just to feel her close to me one more time.
Lunch?
I'm sure it would be dessert!


Who would you want lunch with?

No comments:

Post a Comment