Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sing

I was raised in a house filled with music.
I went to school that offered all kinds of music.
My family created at least three different bands.
We also had family band evenings.
Music is an incredible tool.


When I sat bedside while my mother was waning,
I sang to her.
I'm no songbird, but she loved when I sang.
I sang Spanish Harlem - one of her favorites that her brother sang.
I sang Bridge Over Troubled Water - one of my personal favorites.
I sang.
And sang.


When my son was receiving treatments for his illness,
the hardest part of the entire process was getting the IV started.
The ritual always included headphones and a seriously awesome playlist.
And there was singing.


I cannot fathom any situation where singing wouldn't help.
OK - maybe not in the middle of some tedious accounting meeting,
but then again . . . it may be exactly what is needed.


Singing is not only a positive activity.
It's healthy. It engages your lungs and gets your heart pumping.


Sing some today.
For you. For those around you.
Sing

No comments:

Post a Comment