Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thanks

For any of you that happened to watch The ESPYS last night, the Robin Roberts segment was simply outstanding. She was given the Arthur Ashe award for courage ~ and deserves it. The piece was outstanding and truly validated something for me, personally.

Over a decade ago, my family was handed some devastating news that no family ever wants to hear: "Your child has a life-threatening disease." Where do you go? What do you do? Normally, you turn to family ~ and I did, but the closest relatives were nearly three hours away. You are instantly humbled. And, with that in mind, I did the only other thing I could . . . I reached out to friends. I asked for understanding. I asked for thoughts. I asked for support. I asked for prayers. It was a terribly vulnerable time and it was met with the most incredible outpouring of love and generosity that is almost indescribable.

The quote from last night's piece that struck such a chord with me was:

"Make Your Mess Your Message."

I don't know if I had heard that before, but it's what I've been doing for the past ten-plus years.

I thank you Robin, for putting things so clearly. I thank you for your strength and your courage and your tenacity. I thank you for sharing yourself with all of us. I know that it's not easy, but it is truly helpful in recovery - of any sort.

Folks, we are all going through something. Share your troubles. Lighten your load. Accept the assistance that's offered. Celebrate every victory. We are here to help one another.

2 comments:

  1. Tests and trials can bring on the monies (self-pity, complaining leading to the 5 deadly d's (disappointment, dejection, discouragement, despair and demoralization) and then depression.
    Or it can become a testimony to be shared with others and encourage them in this journey.
    "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? HOPE in GOD, for I SHALL AGAIN PRAISE HIM FOR THE HELP OF HIS PRESENCE." Psalm 42:5

    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your GOD is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

    "But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, You are my GOD." My times are in your hand." Psalm 31:14-15

    "Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

    As a child of God, we have not been given a spirit of fear, rather a sound mind---a mind under control. God loves His children. If you are a child, you have His power (believer's authority). A Christian's Strategic Defense System---FAITH (Hebrews 11) THAT IN MEEKNESS PRAISES GOD IN EVERY SITUATION BY SEEING IT AS GOD'S SOVEREIGN APPOINTMENT. We are MORE than CONQUERORS over satan (Romans 8/John 3:16)

    "I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of GOD, which is in CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD." Romans 8:38-39

    "How then will they call on HIM in whom they have not believed? How will they BELIEVE in HIM whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14
    Our testimonies are an opportunity to share the goodness and healing power of the LORD JESUS CHRIST. God is in control and has a heart for the world. He needs men and women who are established in HIS WORD and not ashamed to share the gospel of Jesus Christ-----the power of God unto salvation to everyone who BELIEVES.

    Turn your mess into a message. As believers of Jesus Christ, do not be ashamed. Give Him the glory. He is the reason for your VICTORY and HEALING. Praise the LORD for HIS HEALING POWER.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that and don't forget that . . .

      When fear knocks . . . faith answers the door!

      God bless!

      Delete