Saturday, July 6, 2013

Safe journeys!

It is not always about where you are going that is so very important.
More often than not, it is about the company you keep to get there.

My forty-plus year journey has been . . . interesting . . . to say the least. But the last twenty-plus have been with the most absolutely amazing man I could have dreamed up. He may not always do things or act the way I'd like, but that is because he is not me. He takes care of me, protects me, loves me and laughs with me. We play together, pray together, and share this craziness called life. We created two incredible human beings and have been blessed to touch many lives beyond our own.

Sometimes we feel isolated from family, but that just brings us closer together and makes us realize that we can do anything we put our collective mind to. We are a good team.

And that family, who is so seemingly far away, I am certain ~ would be here in an instant if I sent out a distress call. That's just who they are. And I have enveloped myself with faux family and the best of friends who share my ideals, my beliefs, my morals, my ethics, and my heart. I am truly blessed.

My path may be the one less travelled, but I would NEVER have it any other way.

Choose your travelling companions wisely.

Safe journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment