Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Angels On My Doorstep

So I had this beautiful weekend playing with my best friend and husband. It was relaxing and simply wonderful.

As Mondays can sometimes do, it sort of steam-rolled that whole feeling 'chill' thing. I worked out in the morning and then had a looooooong day at work - from 1 til 9:30 pm. An eight-and-a-half hour day may not be much to some, but when you're on your feet the whole time and trying to please customers, it's VERY draining.

So . . . to try to regain a little of the weekend's glory, I did NOT pack a dinner. I chose, instead, to go next door to grab myself a little shrimp appetizer. To my surprise, hubby was waiting for me. Yay! We shared a delicious, albeit far too short, dinner snack together and chatted away my dinner break. I went back to work with a renewed bit of energy.

After another three hours of craziness, I was on my way home. All the lights were green. Things were looking up.

As I walked in the door, there was a big old basket waiting for me. When I inquired about it, hubby said, "There were Angels On My Doorstep when I got home."

What a beautiful surprise. No card. No name. No credit taken. Just a beautiful basket of Angels of every sort. Different colors. Different styles. It was simply scrumptious and an incredibly heart-warming gesture by someone who remains anonymous.

Whoever took a moment, to gather these Angels and put this basket together . . . with thoughts of little old me . . . you have NO idea how very happy you made me. It is a generous heart and a kind soul that made this gesture and I am moved beyond words.

Thank you for the Angels On My Doorstep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment