Monday, July 22, 2013

Meaning and Hope

This little blog does a tremendous amount of good! On occasion, I get word that I touch a heart, or invoke a smile, or receive some positive feedback. What is even more amazing is that . . . it helps ME when I write it.

Yesterday was NOT a good day. Work was full of nasty, horrid people and if my paycheck wasn't going toward a good cause, I would have stormed out of the building. I do not like being lied about and I do not enjoy be condescended to. I abhor when folks target you because you don't behave the way they want you to. It's truly irritating.

But . . . as I sit here this morning with the last few bits of steam fizzling out, pondering what to write today, I am realizing that in attempting to search for some positive tidbit to share, I am enveloped in all the goodness I'm absorbing and will be blessed by sharing it with others.

The way you get meaning into your life is NOT by demeaning others to lift yourself. It is by devoting yourself to loving others, devoting yourself to community, and devoting yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning. There is no joy is spreading rumors or lies. That is a sad product of seriously low self esteem. Instead . . . where hope grows, miracles bloom.

Today, no matter what you encounter, fill your day with meaning and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment