Monday, September 30, 2013

Sometimes . . .

Sometimes, I just amaze myself with the goofy things I come up with in completely unrelated situations.

Last week, I was discussing a frustrating topic with a dear girlfriend. We were venting about folks who do good work for not so good reasons or reasons that are completely foreign to us. Now, although these persons may have good intentions, they come across all self-gratifying and self-absorbed and motivated only by 'the self'. This does not compute to myself and this wonderful friend.

So, during this discussion, I typed,

"Hopefully we can slowly get said persons to not be so abrasive and/or condescending. Maybe, just maybe, if we support them long enough, we can get them to see the 'big picture' instead of them constantly seeking that 'self portrait'."

See, now . . . sometimes . . . in the midst of an outburst, something amazing comes! This can apply to so many people in so many cases. I hope I didn't steal it from someone subconsciously. That would make me sad!

Oh, well.

Today, folks, I hope for you to paint with broad strokes, on a grand canvas, to create a big picture and not a tiny self portrait!

No comments:

Post a Comment