Thursday, February 13, 2014

Choices

I sometimes write with a particular individual in mind. I am hoping to somehow, via verbiage, reach out and touch them. I find it most rewarding when someone, completely unrelated, tells me how much the day's blog meant to them. Makes it worth while!


Today's is definitely directed at a particular individual. I am using a 'life story' to make a point. I sure hope this helps!


Years ago, when my whole family was taking martial arts classes, we were dabbling in jiu-jitsu and ground grappling. The son of the owner, a several-degreed black belt, decided it would be fun to partner up with me. So . . . I happily took on the challenge. Our sparring almost immediately went to the floor where he tried to arm-bar me and put me in several other debilitating positions. With all of my gymnastics and dance training, I'm very bendy and was able to elude capture. He could not get me to tap out or even into a compromising position. When I had the opportunity, I sprang to my feet and walked away. He kept yelling at me to come back, get on the floor, and continue fighting.


Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . NO!


When you have overcome obstacles you did not think you had a chance of surviving; when you beat the odds of being in an abusive situation; when you have figured out how to get up, get out, survive and thrive . . . make the right choice and walk away. Why, for God's sake, would you go get back on the mat, or put yourself back into harm's way? You have nothing to prove to anyone, except your own self. People will always attempt to knock you down, put you in prickly situations, hurl accusations and defamations at you. Live so that none of that matters!


If you made it off the mats . . . point your shoes in another direction.
If you survived the prickly, hurtful, debilitating situations . . . do NOT repeat them and do NOT go back for more.
If you managed to avoid the train wreck, why continue walking on the tracks?


Make good choices!
Do what's right and best for you.
I did NOT go back to the mat.
I may have been sweaty and beat up and battered . . . but I am here to share this story!
Make good choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment