Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Let it go

As it usually does, inspiration interrupts my sleep!
Not sure if that's good or bad, but it occurs nonetheless.


I woke up this morning with two distinct individuals pictured in my head.
The giant blinking billboard above them pretty much said:
"Yes, they have hurt you. Yes, they were mean. Yes, they said and did ugly things to you. Yes, it is ok to feel angry and upset . . . but . . . does that help?"
The dream went on to elaborate that no matter how I respond, those folks will still hurt other people.
No matter how I respond, those folks will still be mean.
No matter how I respond, those folks will still do and say ugly things.
Their actions define THEM.
Your response defines YOU.
You have to pay for extra bagging when flying.
LET IT GO!


It serves no purpose to carry around the dead weight of folks who don't matter.
Lighten your load.
Fly high. Fly free.
Let it go.

2 comments:

  1. Pray for those individuals. We serve an amazing God. He is in the transforming business of changing lives.
    Lord, help me to pray and love this person into Your Kingdom. You loved me and showed me mercy. Help me to do the same.Help me to let go of the hurt they have caused me and know that hurting people hurt people. They need a Savior. Thank you for transforming me into the person that I am today. You are still growing me and I am grateful. Shine through me and touch the lives of others and draw them to Yourself. Give me the Words to show them the way. Thank you for saving me and redeeming me. I am grateful that I am adopted into the Family of God through the blood of Jesus and one day will be with you all in heaven. Make me a blessing to others this day for Your Glory!!! Amen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully said. Let us pray for those folks who make those negative choices. Let us pray that God graces them with positivity and peace. Thank you for your eloquence.

      Delete