Friday, February 7, 2014

Keep it real

When I was growing up, there was a phrase that was thrown around that went like this:


"Keep it real."


I wasn't really sure what it meant, but now I think I have a wee grasp on it.
As my 'baby' just turned 21 and my incredible daughter will inch nearer to 25, I'm beginning to learn what 'real' is.


It is the loss of parents.
It is the aches and pains of age.
It is the chronic question of 'what have I accomplished?'
It is the comprehension of limits.
It is the understanding of beliefs.
It is the strength gained from battles.
It is the knowledge that I am worthy.
It is the fortitude to follow through.
It is the perseverance to survive the imbeciles.
It is the intelligence to walk away from drama.
It is the acknowledgement of true love.
It is the comfort of hand holding.
It is the softness of a simple stare.
It is the joy of a good morning kiss.
It is the acceptance of bliss in what surrounds you every day.
It is differentiating between what truly matters and what is useless clutter.
It is living each day as if it is the best, most beautiful gift God created!


Keep it real, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment