Friday, February 21, 2014

Hope

So yesterday was an interesting day.
Started off great, followed by total crap, followed by lunch with my daughter, then of course rush hour traffic, followed by a short email from a friend that touched my heart and healed some hurt.
I was asked yesterday to pray and search my soul for an outcome to an issue.
This issue has been going on for about a year. This directive came from a person who has only heard, from me, a minute and miniscule portion of what's been done and said. Still, I believe in the 'respond, don't react' theory and I went home to pray and search my soul.
In doing so, the word that kept coming to me was "Hope".


"Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us."
"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are:
something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words -
and never stops at all."
"There is no medicine like hope."


And, in pondering all of these wonderful things that caught my eye, I was contacted by someone who needs this MUCH more than I do. So, was it for me? Was it for her? Was it something we both needed to see? Are there others who will benefit?


I sure HOPE so!

No comments:

Post a Comment