Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Courage

Always do the thing you fear the most.
Courage is an acquired taste.


I had a guest yesterday who was doing some retail therapy before her final Speech class.
She was terribly stressed out that she had left her most despised class for last
and her final project was speaking in front of a large group ~ a genuine fear of hers.
I asked why she had left Speech for last.
She said because I hate it.


Had she tackled Speech as her first class,
she could have finished up her degree taking a class she enjoyed,
with the added confidence of having conquered Speech long ago.


Meet your fears head on.


I abhorred public speaking.
So I became a home party consultant.


Growing up with six brothers, I'm much more comfortable around men.
So I joined a fundraising group of women.


I have a healthy respect for firearms.
So I went to the shooting range.


Whatever it is that restrains you,
hit it head on and become a better you!


Always do the thing you fear the most.
Courage is an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment