Monday, April 9, 2012

Newness!

I knew I sorely needed a day off. I needed to take a day away from deadlines, drama, messy women, chasing artwork, and pressures. What better day than Easter?!

As yesterday unfolded, of course my initial thoughts were to thank God for all He has given me; beginning with His son and leading right up to my children, my husband, my family, and all of my friends. What a beautiful array of joy He has planted in the garden of my life. The blooms are so colorful and the blossoms so bold; and yet they are sometimes lost in the mayhem that life sometimes carries with it. It was an absolutely stunning day in Florida yesterday. I enjoyed breakfast with hubby, beat myself up at the gym, and then played a couple fierce games of racquetball with the boys. Home afterward to do nothing but soak up the glorious rays God rained down on us. We enjoyed a delicious dinner, watched Bubba create some magic at the Masters, and giggled the evening to an end with Celebrity Apprentice. I could not have asked for a more peaceful, rejuvenating day.

I hope that your day was filled with much the same. I hope that you decide to pack those beautiful memories up, tuck them gently around your heart, and carry them with you into the future. When work begins to wear you out; pressures become too burdensome; and gray skies seem to gather above you . . . take out your memories! Dust them off! Rejuvenate yourself with all the wonders, the magic, the peace, and the beauty that surrounds your heart every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment