Saturday, April 21, 2012

Opportunity

Today is a grand day!

Today is Margaritaville in the Tropics. This is a fundraiser. This is the culmination of the 'blood, sweat, and tears' of a small group with a HUGE vision! This is nine months of ideas, creation, collaboration, ingenuity, perseverance, and tenacity. But . . . more than anything else . . . this is 'opportunity'!

Opportunity to give. Opportunity to give back. Opportunity to relax. Opportunity to enjoy. Opportunity to make friends. Opportunity to laugh. Opportunity to make a difference!

Personally, it is an opportunity to assist in raising funds and awareness about an institution that has done almost indefinable things for me. Not one, but both of my 'babies' are 'graduates' of All Children's Hospital ~ the benefactor of this event. My children have become absolutely unbelievably outstanding people because of what they endured and the folks from the hospital that are now enmeshed in our lives. Those folks have held me together when I was frayed, and tattered, and torn. Those folks provided a haven for my family when the storm was Cat 5! They protected my children, my husband, my family unit, and whatever is left of my sanity. They gave us options, and when options were limited, they gave us hope. What do you do to repay that sort of effort?

Margaritaville in the Tropics!

Despite whatever weather comes rolling through Tampa, please know it's ALWAYS sunny in Margaritaville. Come and share the opportunity to give a little back to this maker of miracles. If the hospital has not touched you personally, I can almost guarantee it's touched someone you know. Their tendrils of tending are long and loving. I'm thrilled that those tendrils reached out to me.

I am honored to have the opportunity to try to return the favor . . . a dollar at a time!

1 comment: