Friday, April 6, 2012

Slow dooooooooooown!

Thank you to my sister-in-law, Lisa! Although I managed to do a little bit of laundry, and a little bit of work, her visit with me yesterday forced me to do a whole lot of nothing besides simply enjoying the day. We romped through downtown Dunedin, did a little shopping, took a little tour through downtown Palm Harbor and Ozona, checked out the marina we use, had a wonderful lunch at Kelly's with the boys, did a little bowling, sat with our feet in the pool whilst baking in the sun and petting the pooch, and finished the day off with some Idol and pizza. It was an absolutely fabulous day.

Sometimes, we just have to put the brakes on and take in ~ really absorb ~ what is right in front of us all the time. Too often we overindulge in responsibilities, efforts, tasks, and endeavors, and we forget all the beautiful things that are literally out our own front doors.

So, thanks Lisa, for making me slow down and forget the expectations and deadlines. Thanks for simply forcing me to soak up the sun, slow down, and enjoy life. Even if you killed me in bowling, it was a really fun day! Thanks, so much, for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment