Thursday, April 26, 2012

The journey IS the destination

Today, I am both ecstatic and melancholy. I believe that this feeling will last for a little while. It's been an interesting sort of month. Quite a journey . . .

April first marked the two year anniversary of my mother's passing.
April seventeenth, her third husband finally joined her.
April twenty-first marked the single most successful Margaritaville in the Tropics event for All Children's Hospital in its twelve year history.
Today is the last day of classes for my son's first year of college. For those of you that know what he has been through, this is a most momentous occasion. He is doing phenomenally - educationally, physically, and personally. I couldn't be prouder.
Tomorrow is the memorial for my step-dad, "Alfonso the Great". I will not be there as I will be attending the burial in Arlington in June. It is an honor to be working on his ceremony. I miss him.
April thirtieth is my mom's birthday. I'm hoping to set a flower adrift in the Gulf - a little ritual I have that helps - if only a little.
And . . . just a short while after that, my incredibly beautiful baby girl turns twenty-one. She's amazing!

Time is fleeting folks. Enjoy what is before you. The journey IS the destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment