Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Favorite Ch-Angel

I really was kind of dreading going to work yesterday. I just did not have the old pep in my step. When I got there, one of two of the only drawbacks to work was working with me. A little more dejection. About an hour after starting work, a manager came over the loud speaker and asked me to call him in the back. In doing so, he asked if I would be able to cover for a younger co-worker who had a family emergency. So . . . my already 'iffy' sort of day turned an 11 - 7 shift, into an 11 - 9 pm shift ~ which actually became an 11-10 shift. Dejection became outright grumpiness. While working, this 'drawback' began ~ in her own way ~ to attack some of my favorite co-workers. This day was really not going where I was liking it.

I got away from the counter and began doing go-backs and recovery. This always alleviates some of the stress as I get to interact with the guests and leave the 'drawbacks' behind. As usual, this worked and in a short time, I was perking up a wee bit. Chatting with the customers truly lifts my heart. I enjoy helping folks and I guess I really am a people sort of person. Who knew?

When it came time for my lunch break, I eagerly clocked out and started what always seems like a mile long trek to the break room. As I was almost to the back, and most workers will agree you just put your head down and plow through or inevitably someone will stop you and ask you questions, something told me to cut through lingerie. And there, standing in front of me, is one of my most favorite Ch-Angels from my years on the earth!

Of course I approached her with my usual sarcasm. When she finally realized the sarcasm was directed at her, she lifted her head, smiled, and grabbed me so hard I almost couldn't catch my breath. What a bear hug I got! It was fabulous. This Ch-Angel, RJ, is one of the most beautiful souls alive. We chatted about all sorts of things, but mostly she just cried and hugged me. She's had a rough time of it as of late. A really rough time. She said, "I think I can do this. I know I can do this."

To me, RJ, this was so odd. You are one of the strongest folks I know. You are fearless, undaunted, determined, persistent, bold, beautiful (inside and out), and brave. I would never have questioned your abilities to conquer ANY thing. You are, and always have been, inspiring and uplifting. Please don't ever underestimate yourself. I know you think you are alone, but you are not. You are surrounded by folks who love you and care about you. And . . . you are all those things I just wrote!

You, on more occasions than you know, lifted me up and gave me the strength to continue on when I was not so sure of my own self. For that, I will ALWAYS be here for you . . . for a hug, a cry, a laugh, and yes . . . at your request . . . even a beverage!

Love you, my Ch-Angel RJ. You really CAN do this! Chin up. Knees down!

xoxo
And, by the way, YOU gave me the strength to work til 10 pm . . . with a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment