Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spotlight

I have a very dear friend, from a long, long, long time ago, who has inquired if he might nominate me for something. I have no idea where it might lead and I am most assuredly humbled by his gesture, but these sorts of things always frustrate me.

I am honored that he would think enough of me to do this.
I am quite certain though that there are a zillion other folks out there who are far more deserving than I could ever be.
My accomplishments, you see, are not accomplishments. They are an eager attempt to give back to those who have blessed me with their kindnesses, their talents, and their time so selflessly. I am not looking for back-patting. I am not looking for kudos. I am looking . . . searching . . . striving to simply be a better person.

As I told him recently . . .

I truly dislike being in the spotlight.
I would much rather shine it on those who deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment