Friday, May 31, 2013

It's a dog's life

Today, I am dog tired. The last two weeks have been very difficult and bothersome and tiring.
The next few days will be no less difficult, bothersome, or tiring.

There are those days when we would just love to be the Lhasa Apso of life; curled up in someone's lap garnering every ounce of their day's attention.

There are those days when we must don the guardian antics of a good German Shepherd to protect the ones we love.

More serious are those Rottweiler days when the protecting becomes a serious gnarling session of teeth and nails.

Maybe those tender Beagle-ish days when just a properly placed paw and tilted head can create a better day for someone else.

Or how about those Labrador days, shared with mutually loyal companions?

My favorite are the puppy days, when you can just play and eat and sleep without a care in the world.

Today, and for the next few days, though . . . I must be the Pit Bull! I need to find the tenacity and intensity and strength to endure whatever comes my way. I will be fierce, yes endearingly friendly. I will hunt down what I need and what I want and then love it to pieces.

But . . . no matter what kind of dog day you're having . . . every day is a good day to get your belly rubbed!

Go wag your tail!

1 comment:

  1. I personally just want a cat day...
    Eat, sleep, watch the birds, eat some more, sleep, repeat.

    Ann @ ACH

    ReplyDelete