Monday, May 13, 2013

Little Things

Most folks hope and wish they could win the lottery. (I think, maybe, we all do!) Some folks look toward great achievements and big changes. Other folks want to alter their appearance or move where the grass is greener or think there is a 'right time' to have a baby, buy a house, get a car, etc.

For me . . . that's just all hogwash!

There definitely is no 'right time' to have a baby. Without instructions, you kind of just wing it and do the best you can. Love and faith help a lot. The right time to buy a house or a new car is the time when you can get the best deal. Surgically altering your appearance is messing with what God gave you and I don't really believe that's a good thing. You are your own special self. Get comfortable! Promotions feel good, but usually come with more work and expectations. The lottery sure would be nice, but wealth comes in many varieties.

Having dealt with a very interesting history of bumps, hurdles, roadblocks, and mountains, I have learned to enjoy . . . the Little Things. Smiles and laughter from my children. A phone call from a dear friend. An unexpected visit. A letter or card, for no real reason. A memory that sparks a smile. A few unprovoked loving words from the hubby. The saltwater smell sitting by the water's edge. The grand expanse of the great outdoors. The feeling of warm sand between my toes. Crisp mountain air. A hike through nature. Blooming flowers. Being able to witness God's great creatures roaming free.

A happy heart.

Today, stop chasing that elusive and delusional brass ring. Grab hold of the things that are all around you. Enjoy the blessings that abound within your very reach.

I wish you an abundance of Little Things!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my sister is
    analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to inform her.


    Here is my webpage http://www.hengstum.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked this. I hope your sister does too. Have a fabulous day.

      Delete