Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hunt for Open Water

A strong and sturdy vessel
Adrift in seas unknown
We stand, united, on the shore
Praying for a safe journey home

You sail, now, amid calm waters
You are steered by higher winds
Guided toward a heavenly dock
Cleansed of any sins

Fishing will be plentiful
Clear skies, a constant plus,
You are free, with rod in hand
As tears come for all of us

Enjoy your blessed Captain
First mate, there's much to learn
We'll miss you now and always
Remember . . . red, right, return

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I just read this
    soooo beautiful
    thank you
    I am so far behind in things important or otherwise.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane ~
      I had hoped you find this when you could appreciate it. Love you and was simply moved to write it. I wish it was better, but I hope you know I love you guys!

      Delete