Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Special Time

August is such a crazy month for me.

Yesterday, I took my list of 'August folks' with me to the Hallmark store and spent nearly $45 dollars on birthday and anniversary cards for the people that I love and care about. That included $7 off in coupons I had received.

Sisters-in-law, uncles, coaches, bff's, kids I've known forever and more. Seems that August 8th is a VERY popular day to be birthed or married. And if they were still around, I'd celebrate my grandfather and father-in-laws birthdays as well. I still enjoy celebrating them during this month as they truly helped me grow into the person I've become today and I miss them terribly.

Some folks, like my husband, think I'm loony for purchasing tangible cards instead of simply sending emails. Unfortunately, I have to send emails to some as I am not certain of their current addresses. For that, I apologize. But, like I tell hubby, it is not only the THOUGHT that counts, but the physical matter that they can hold in their hands, full of all the love and warmth and caring and hugs that I can stuff inside that makes a difference to a person.

I hope that for those that receive cards this month, you understand how important, worthy, and wonderful you are. You've made a difference to me and I love you. This also holds true for every other month out there, but August is sort of special to me!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment