Saturday, August 3, 2013

Purpose

I truly believe we are all here with a purpose.

There are times when we ask, "Why is this happening to me?" and we don't understand the tremendous obstacles, hurdles, or tribulations that come before us.

I offer you this . . .

Personally, I spent seven plus years at All Children's Hospital with my babies for different and various reasons. It was a torturous time filled with tears and questions and tension and tantrums and heartache and pain. It was also filled with hope.

Now, some nearly thirteen years later, I have experienced the blissful opportunity of helping others who are in the same place. I have had the distinct pleasure of chatting with many moms who face those same uncertainties and questions. Cried with them, laughed with them, pondered with them, prayed with them, and hoped with them.

I am certain that I went through the heartache of being a mom to two sick kids, so I could someday help other moms. I am not strong. I cry at the drop of a hat. But I have a depth that others might not have; and that is ~ experience. I understand them. I know their pain, their angst, their anger at not being able to fix things. I feel it all and can relate. I think it helps them to know that they are not alone.

Your purpose may not be to be a zillionare with billboards and talk shows and perfumes named after you. Sometimes, your purpose is to simply . . . be!

You are someone's strength.
You are someone's guiding light.
You are someone's source of information.
You are different than any other person out there and you possess certain qualities that no one else has to offer.
Make use of them. Be your own very amazing self.

Serve your purpose!

1 comment: