Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Be the turtle

Behold the turtle. To make progress he must first stick his neck out.

Often times we find ourselves uncomfortable in a situation or unhappy in a circumstance. There is only ONE way out. You must make a change. Most folks are terribly troubled with change. It is precisely that reason, that you must 'be the turtle'.

Stick your neck out.

One of the easiest ways to do so is to tell a friend or two. Even better is to have someone do it first.

Today, I will 'be the turtle'.

Next week, I drop my son off at college. Beside work and volunteering, I am stating right here and now, for the masses that I will begin a serious workout and diet regime to get myself in better shape. I will not say that I will lose 'x' amount of pounds. Muscle weighs more than fat. My goal is to be seriously in shape by the time I'm 50. That gives me a few years to slim it down, tone it up, and kick some arse!

Who else wants to 'be the turtle'?

No comments:

Post a Comment