Friday, August 16, 2013

PUSH

Today begins the final weekend of having my son at home. We bring him to college on Monday and then he will be left to sink or swim all on his own. I am certain he will be all Phelps-like eventually. I'm just hoping he survives the deep end's initial jump.

It has been a long and winding journey for our whole family. Terrific trials to overcome and a plethora of victories to celebrate. Tears and laughter. Terror and triumph. Tension and tenacity. He is far beyond his years in so many ways and yet, as a mother always does, I will worry.

My daughter is a fighter. She learned quickly about living on her own, taking responsibility and ownership and accountability for her decisions and her actions. She is thriving and an amazing young woman. I know my son will follow her lead.

Now, however . . . it is time to stand behind my son ~ whom I have been through so very much with ~ and PUSH!

Soar with all you are. You can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment