Friday, April 4, 2014

Thanks Momma

This quote from Bertrand Russell might as well have come out of my mother's own mouth.


The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.


Momma was a firm believer in the fact that no matter how hard or how often you worked, you needed to match that effort in play time. Whether it's playing music, sports, writing, taking pictures, working out, or just chilling on the sea shore being lulled by the surf. There is a NEED to separate yourself from all the demands and chaos of the day ~ and tend to yourself.


I was in the grocery store yesterday and one of my buddies there said to me, "You look tired. It looks like you need temple time." When I looked rather puzzled, she explained . . . YOU are your temple. Take care of yourself. It is nice that you volunteer and work and give and help others; but you have to give just a little time to yourself, too. I'm thinking my mom sent her to remind me of that terribly important message.


So, I'm going to tend to my 'temple'. I going to carve out a little me time each day.
Thanks Cheryl and thanks Momma . . . I got the message . . . loud and clear!


What are you going to do for you today?

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! We need to take care of our temples! My mother-in-law always said, "Keep everything well balanced..."

    ReplyDelete