Friday, April 10, 2015

Therapy

When I write, it is usually as an outlet for myself.
Sometimes, when I'm lucky, it effects others just the same or more.
I love those days.
Today is a good therapy day for me.
I know most of us have 'been there'. Please know you can 'do that'.


Betrayal and Beyond


I used to look upon you as a source of strength and light
A foundation piece to build my faith; a wealth of what was right.
I gave to you my everything. I was eager to always please
I exercised great selflessness to eternally appease.
But when I had some issues; when concern became the norm
I brought to you my reservations in hopes you'd alleviate the storm.
You assured me all'd be well. You asked me to stay the course
You initiated nothing. You downplayed your worth of force.
And then the drama began; tears and pity and 'woe is me'
Instead of proving what I'd said and hearing you agree
You looked me squarely in the eyes and these are the words you spoke
"You've got to do some praying!" And my heart just simply broke.
All the trust I'd freely given; the bond I thought we shared
Twisted, crumpled, mangled . . . destroyed beyond repair.
And though the pain was awful; cutting directly to the bone
I dragged myself back to my feet. I knew I was not alone.
My calling and purpose refused to wane. The urgency was not gone
And by the masses friends stood by, to eagerly cheer me on.
Take your efforts elsewhere. You've far too much to give.
Do let the actions of another change the way you live.
What you do is meaningful. There's an end result to reach
Rise above the immaturity ~ here's an opportunity to teach.
I did not succumb to your poor behavior or your actions so unfair
I've overcome. I'm moving on. You're not my cross to bear.


You've got this. You're stronger than you know, smarter than you think,
braver than you'll ever give yourself credit for!

No comments:

Post a Comment