Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What I See

Sometimes, I feel badly because I will have spent an entire day
with someone and as we're departing someone else will comment
on their new hair style, hair color, weight loss or other alteration.
The recipient is all giddy and thankful.


Let me explain . . .


It is not that I do not notice a new hair color;
a new hair style;
a more slender you;
a few new muscles;
or other hard work you've put it.
It is more because I don't find it relevant
to my time with you.
I am friends with you because I find your heart beautiful.
The outside doesn't really matter to me.
I am thrilled that your working hard to improve yourself.
I'll cheer you on and help you however I can,
but I will not judge you based on your successes and failures
of things that have no bearing on our friendship.
You are my friend because I love YOU.
Your kind and generous soul.
Your innate goodness and unconditional love and support.


Please know that I'm not ignoring your efforts.
I am appreciating your natural gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment