Thursday, April 9, 2015

Ol' Blue Eyes

I watched a documentary on Frank Sinatra yesterday.
I learned some things I didn't know.
I saw a zillion pictures I'd never seen.
And I got lost . . .


I just closed my eyes and listened.


These were songs I grew up on.
My parents sang these songs during dinner,
during car trips, and during their band practices.
What a beautiful stirring of emotions to hear such great music
that brought about such great memories.


One of my absolute favorites that I can hear my momma singing . . .


There's a somebody I'm longing to see
I hope that he turns out to be
Someone who'll watch over me
I'm a little lamb who's lost in the wood
I know I could always be good
Someone who'll watch over me


Smiles and Tears . . . 'Smears'!
Thanks Ol' Blue Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment