Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Purpose

I've never been a big fan of April Fool's Day.
I like it even less now.
Five years ago today, about this time, I held my mother's hand
and urged her to take those last few steps toward freedom.
As sad as remembering that day makes me,
I gravitate toward a much more positive legacy that she left behind:


PURPOSE


She touched so many lives.
She made folks sing.
She made folks dance.
She made folks laugh.
She made folks gamble.
She made folks live.
She welcomed you.
She loved you.
She cherished you.
She made a difference.


This was her purpose . . .
to leave the world a little better than she found it.
She accomplished that . . . and so much more.
Wouldn't it be nice
if we would all try to walk in those crater-esque footsteps?

No comments:

Post a Comment