Thursday, April 2, 2015

You are amazing!

Very recently my son received a book he created when he was first diagnosed with dermatomyositis.
It was most interesting to see how far his artistic talents have improved.
It was a pendulum of emotion as he read to me:


What foods do I like?
What makes me happy?
What makes me sad?
What do I like to do?
And all the answers from his nine year old little self struggling with a serious illness.


It is also most impressive to see how much he has accomplished since then.
How much he's grown ~ as a human and as an intellectual.
How far he's come ~ physically and actively.


I believe he is a better person for having gone through what he did.
I believe it is vital to ANY person to remember where you've come from.
No matter what battle you might be facing,
realize all the battles you've already overcome.
Bring forward with you your tenacity, your strength, your determination.
Stand on the knowledge of your victories.
Fight with the courage you've collected.
Be brave and be bold.
You are amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment