Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It Is Good!

With an incredible friend's wedding coming up very soon, I would love to focus, today, on that comfort that we find in that special extension of ourselves. What an amazing gift to stumble upon that one person, out of the masses, that truly makes you a better individual. And also to take, maybe from some failed relationships, those integral positive moments that define us!

My own mother, thought she found that person in Calvin. Although he made a few mistakes, he also helped her to create five incredible people that my mom thrived on for decades. He may not have been perfect, but he helped to create some outstanding folks. She then married Alfred who, again, made a few errors, but he pushed her to believe she could be a wonderfully savvy business woman. And she was! Once she took that first leap of faith . . . she could not be stopped. She dabbled in all sorts of things. Then she found Alfonso. Alfonso, although a bit stubborn, treated my mom with such adoration and respect that I'm not sure she knew what to do with it. Never before had she had that. I thank him for being that integral addition to her life.

A high school friend, whose initial pairing left a little to be desired, left her with the most amazing offspring. There are silver-linings in all things. Years later, she reconnects with someone else from high school and they find there is a spark. Although that spark is cautiously being tended, there is the chance it could fan into a flame of beautiful warmth. They have both accepted, however, that even if it does not, it has encouraged and rekindled something very special. I hope wonderful things come from this newly forged old friendship! I find it comforting to know that you both cherish that small and special spark.

I was flailing in Atlanta, newly single and hip-deep in bills. In an attempt to find a second job, I found something much more meaningful . . . my husband! He is my strength and my source of persistence and patience. He lives at the core of my soul and I am thankful that fate intervened and our paths crossed. I am truly blessed.

Whomever you stare at as the day comes to a close, know that you are within reach of a tangible blessing. You are lucky and graced with goodness. Whether it lasts for a lifetime, or only a little while, it lasts for a reason. Find the reason, digest and savor it, and know . . . it is good!

Best wishes C & K!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I dont know who C& K are, but there is a pair with initials H and J who are fannig a little flame of their own.

    ReplyDelete