Sunday, September 11, 2011

Honor

Ten years ago, I know exactly where I was. I know I sat in my living room with my husband watching the day's horrendous attacks unfold. I know I let my neighbor come in to sit and cry with us because she didn't want to be home alone. I think the entire country did the same.

Today is a day for honor.

Honor all those first responders; the policemen, the firemen, the medics, who marched into the belly of the beast and clawed and fought their way to saving precious lives. Honor those regular Joes who went to their daily grind only to turn around and find an inner strength and fortitude to become extraordinary heroes in the face of such cowardly actions. Honor the passengers of United 93 who took control of their own destiny and brought the heathens to their knees and thwarted more destruction. Honor those family members with gaping holes in their hearts and in their lives that they may know that the rest of us will never forget their courage and their days on this earth. Honor the children who will grow up without mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, brothers, and sisters. Honor this country. The greatest country in the world, whose strength and pride did and will ALWAYS rise to meet any challenge presented to it!

September 11th is forged into the very soul of these United States! May we always remember to be UNITED! May the resolve we find in remembrance bring our patriotism to a boil every time we ponder this day. The steely grit that dwells within every American will be denied by no one. We are strong. We are swift. We are survivors!

Today, HONOR Shanksville, Washington, DC, New York City, and the United States. Honor your friends, your neighbors, your flag. Honor the rights we've been offered, and the freedoms that have been given to us by the fierceness of those who have gone before us.

God Bless the USA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment