Friday, September 2, 2011

Survive and Smile!

Life's sweet equalization can make you a little loopy, right?

I've got a dear, sweet friend of mine who is about to burst with excitement over her upcoming second marriage to a man who treats her as she should be treated, enjoys sharing her favorite activities, and just makes her about as happy as I have ever seen her. I've got another dear friend whose husband of more than twenty years cannot decide what makes him happy, and so he wanders, leaving her and her family in a limbo full of questions and doubts.

I've got the sheer joy of heading to the gym on a regular basis with my son who consistently beats me around the racquetball court. It's just a little while, a couple of times a week, but it is a sweaty few hours that I cherish for many, many different reasons. Then there is the balance issue and continuous thumping in my head, unexplainable by more than one physician, that detracts; not only from racquetball and my precious time with my son, but from life in general.

I've got the indefinable thrill of being able to write this blog most every day, devote time to poetic inspiration, and offer my graphic talents to local schools and incredible projects. It is a bit disenchanting to know that my reward is not monetary cause I could surely use a paycheck.

There is a Yang for every Yin. There is a Negative for every Positive. There is a Closure for every Opening. There is a Pull for every Push. The trick of navigating through the nonsense is to grab those positive parts and hold on for dear life.

I celebrate with my pre-marital girlfriend. I comfort the other. I thrive on my racquetball losses. I tend to my issues after. I write with the passion God granted me and my payment is often much greater than any monetary value.

The great equalizer of life . . . is death. Live for the moment. Breathe in the now. Take on your negatives as an integral part of your positives. Push me. Pull me. Survive and Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment