Thursday, September 22, 2011

Visions of Value

You ever have those days when you feel like there's a little dark cloud hanging over your head? Feel like you couldn't possibly walk another step or finish the mounting pile of tasks in front you? Like maybe if one more person asks one more favor you might actually, physically scream?

Those are the days when you need to stop! Breathe and realize that if you look around, there is an abundance of wonderful around you that you are merely choosing NOT to see.

Yesterday, with a full heaping of 'lots-to-do,' I began my day. Rather stressed about my 8:30 am meeting and all the implications it carried, I showed up and happened upon a rather informative, completely relaxing breakfast with an incredible friend who both enlightened me and offered me interesting and promising new insights!

Meeting number two was met with equal trepidation, but I left with a sense of ~ at least a little ~ accomplishment and forward progression. Stop number three brought on the continuation of a task that has been ongoing for the past month. Trudgingly, the task was completed and then I went to visit a friend there. His banter and smile smoothed those ruffled feathers of mine.

And, as I walked from his room I realized that for every dark cloud I encountered, there was an equally brilliant silver lining. For every cold and dreary thought, a fresh, inviting and positive thought. For every negative . . . a positive. And I figured out that had I faced each of those situations in a better frame of mind, instead of leaving each in a 'less depressed' mood, I would have left them in an incredibly jubilant mood. It was one of those joyful, cerebral butt-kicking moments.

My step picked up, my heart lightened, and the day was good. And then, as is the usual case, when you stop to see what is really and truly good in your life . . . I got the proverbial "cherry on top". As I navigated the parking lot during pick-up from a middle school (frightening, to say the least), a nifty white car caught my eye. Within it sat a friend I hadn't seen in eons eagerly waving at little old me. What a treat! What a wonderfully heartwarming topping to my day!

Thank you one and all, who made my day all it could be. Today, I wish for you, the open eyes to see what is good before you. I hope you find those little trinkets that can turn a bad day good. I wish for you . . . visions of value!

No comments:

Post a Comment