Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crazy Heart

So my heart is all crazy!

I have friends who just had a brand new beautiful baby girl. She is healthy and happy and gorgeous. I congratulate you on your incredible blessing. I am praying that life is simple and unencumbered for your new family.

I have another dear friend who truly is making the leap to cut unhealthy folks out of his life and is truly enjoying his beautiful baby girl who is nearing a milestone birthday! His pictures are priceless and precious and I am so very thankful that I am included on his parental journey.

I have a sweet, long-time friend whose posts just about kill me. She has had some family issues with a child and her pain and anguish are so obviously apparent that it physically and emotionally pains me to read her Facebook. My hope is that she can find some sort of comfort and ease in her faith, but it looks like that still sits in the distance.

A beautiful soul who has known me longer than I have actually been around just emailed me about visiting my mother's grave. She wrote of chatting 'with' her and laughing and crying and lovingly placing flowers at her tombstone. I rambled between laughing and crying myself. You're a wonderful light who bathes me in brilliance. Thank you for that.

And yet another friend who has stood by her brother's side, literally, for three years or more while he battles unimaginable cancer and health issues. Her latest email suggests, through his doctors, that he has about a month to live. He will most likely NOT be able to walk his daughter down the aisle at her August wedding. What a gut-wrenching time for this family.

And so my heart, in all it's ADHD glory, bounds between happy and fretful and weeping and joy. I am feeling a little schizophrenic and sometimes wonder if I might need medication.

I so would love to simply hug and hold each of these folks. I would love to let them know that I am here for them . . . with them . . . to share their pain, their joy, their angst, their anger, their tears, their happiness.

And so, my friends, know that my Crazy Heart beats for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment