Friday, June 7, 2013

Take The Time

As my year kind of revolves around the school times, things are winding down. Finally! I am slowly finishing up all my projects and obligations and feeling lighter by the day. It is a wonderful feeling to bring each task to fruition and meet my goals and rest my weary bones.

I have learned through the years that I am much the same as my mother . . . to my sheer and utter delight! I absolutely thrive on deadlines and pressure. I do some of my best work when tasked with time frames. Thanks Mom!

But she also taught me to enjoy the view. To take the time to see the beauty in the world around you; the tiny things, butterfly wings, flowers, waves as they foam at the shore, sand, trees, clouds, and the like. I am taking that time in the near future on a family vacation.

Not only do I get to be with three of my absolute favorite people for a week, but we get to go see one of the most beautiful places on earth - a national park. I am looking forward to laughter, silliness, about a gillion photos, many "roll 'em up's," and many awe-inspiring moments. It's just another world and I'm thrilled to be exposing my kids to it . . . and experiencing it again for myself.

I will think of my mom - knowing she travelled the same roads a long time ago. I will breathe deeply of the crisp clean air. I may get more exercise than I have in the past two months, but it will be in the midst of adventure. I simply cannot wait ~ and yet, wait I must.

I truly deserve this. My gift to me. Family and adventure. Aaaaaaaaah!!!

Folks . . . Enjoy the view! See the Beauty!

Take The Time

2 comments: