Monday, June 17, 2013

Miracles and Masterpieces

I am about to embark on a most wonderful family adventure. My two favorite children, in all the world, will be accompanying my husband, and best friend, and I on a family vacation to see some of God's most awesome creations.

Honestly, it wouldn't matter if it rained (or snowed) the whole time. It would not matter if the rental car broke down. It wouldn't matter if we did not see any critters at all. I am most excited and anxious to be a little, untethered, unfettered family for a few days. Unaffected by the world and its nonsense. Not concerned with work, or schedules, or people who seem to live and breathe to irritate me and mine. Not perplexed by overbearing, overwhelming types; or underwhelming, invisible types. Not angered by the idiots who do not realize what they are missing; and not flustered by the over-compensators who are not quite sure where they fit in.

Nope!

I will wander, happily, listening to the banter of my children; their laughter, their sarcasm, their ingenious wit. I will hold hands with the love of my life and blissfully follow him wherever the path may lead. I will breathe in the crisp mountain air; laugh as I pretend to be a master horse rider, river rafter, and critter caller; and simply envelope myself in the bountiful blessings that surround us.

This will be my last blog until next Monday. Until then, find some bliss of your own. Enjoy what surrounds you. Love those that are dear to you. Squish them and hold them and share yourself with them.

There are miracles and masterpieces all around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment