Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Be well!

I'm headed back to the gym today. I hate to be so erratic about it. Life, though, sometimes gets in the way. I have friends who would go every day, even if it meant being late to their own wedding. That's a little over-the-top for me. But I do realize how very important it is.

Exercise is not only is good for your body and good for your heart, but it is good for your soul. Just a brisk walk provides the same endorphin rush we get when we fall in love or eat great food. And although we're usually not sore after either of those, it's a 'good hurt' and your body's way of thanking you for making it work. I absolutely love it!

I wish I could get a majority of my friends to join me at the gym. It is such a healthy habit to have. I've been physically active since it was more just a matter of survival with six brothers. I enjoy all kinds of activities from track to football to gymnastics to dance to weights to racquetball or tennis and just about everything in between.

My goal, over the summer, is to make my working out more of a ritual and a little more regular. The first step in setting a goal is to tell people. That way, you've always got someone checking up on you . . . challenging you! So . . . I'm challenging you to challenge me! I've lost nearly twenty pounds almost entirely on diet alone. If I can add some regular exercise, I might be back to my old 'fighting weight' in no time . . . and yes, I love boxing and martial arts as well!

I wish you all health and wellness. I hope you are able to find an exercise that you enjoy and you're able to stick with it. There are far too many people who enjoy your existence to put it in jeopardy! Be healthy. Be well!

2 comments: