Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Good Day!

Today is quite a special day for me!

Not only do I have a couple of friends who are celebrating birthdays - Happy Birthday Kate and Haley!
Not only do I remember in reverence the devastating earthquake that occurred in San Francisco.

No . . . it's much more than that!

Twenty-three years ago today, my best friend nervously asked me out to a fancy dinner ~ Italian, of course ~ and asked me to be his bride! It was a perfect evening with a perfect person with a perfect outcome.

The last couple of decades have not gone without some bumps and bruises, hurdles and high jumps, tests and tribulations, but we have survived. We have actually MORE than survived. We have fluorished. We have become better friends and companions that I ever thought possible. We enjoy one another and the two very special people we've created. We play. We laugh. We sweat. We work. We coexist beautifully.

It might be silly, or maybe even immature, to celebrate the anniversary of this date with such exuberance. Be that as it may, I will celebrate it every year with a glee and a joy and a thrill that I wish everyone could know. It is special and spectacular.

I really am blessed and . . . even though there have been all those detours along the way, the journey has been as euphoric as I could ever imagine or hope for. Thanks, Vic, for choosing little old me. You've filled my life with all sorts of wonder and wonderful!

It's a Good Day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Vic and Lyn!!! Growing to be one with each other can have some bumps along the way. Praise the Lord you have not given up and you are best friends! It saddens my heart when I hear a couple is choosing or chosen divorce, esp. when they have children. Love is patient (never gives up). Love is kind...Love is not selfish, is not quick to take offense... (1 Corinthians 13) These are powerful words to live by and ponder on daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I will NEVER give up. Neither will he. I am really, trully, happy. Thank you!

      Delete