Friday, October 26, 2012

Have Fun

Creativity is Intelligence Having Fun.    ~ Albert Einstein

THIS, I absolutely adore!

If there is one thing my mother taught me it was to have fun. She used to say that when you're 'all worked out' and can't take it any more . . . play a game, sing a song, turn on the radio and dance. Do something fun.

As we sat for hours and sometimes days typing Gestalt Journals for one of our clients back in the late 70's and early 80's, we would certainly need to STOP and change pace every now and again. Even now, when I'm working on big projects or events, I will stop and play my Words With Friends, or if no one is around on-line, I will do a little mah-jong or solitaire or some other silly game. And I am thrilled to say I've caught my son doing the same. He'll be furiously and laboriously working on some ethics essay and next thing you know . . . he's playing a football game or a basketball game. It's all good . . . and necessary!

When you weigh down your intelligence with work, work, work . . . there's no fun.
When there's no fun . . . there's no creativity.
Without creativity . . . Jack's a very dull boy!
Don't be a dull boy!

Get creative. Let your intelligence wander and soar and play and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment