Saturday, October 6, 2012

Short and Sweet

No, you silly people, I'm not talking about me!

I'm talking about this quote. For several days I have allowed the words and actions of others to interfere with my attitude, my outlook, and my endeavors. Well, that is just plain old poppycock!

"The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook."
~ William James

Today, I 'wise' up.

Last night, I spoke to someone who not only gave me a slight nudge toward this decision; he kinda steamrolled me right over a cliff. I cannot be angry with you, for you have forced me to realize how weak I have been in permitting ANYone else to sway me. I actually thank you!

And so, today, I being to 'overlook'.

Overlook the comments, the mocking, the fibs, the belittling, the foul-mouthed, the evil, the hurtful, the misunderstanding, the self-centered, the guilt, the disingenuous, the selfish, and so on. I will focus on the kind-hearted goodness of the graced and blessed folks that I know and love! That is where the happiness is.

I choose to be happy!

2 comments:

  1. "But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger." James 1:19

    I read once that "quick to hear" means to hear the Word of the Lord, and not to hear the words of other people, but I still find myself listening to the words of others. I work on daily to be slow to speak and slow to anger.
    Lord, let my words be soft to your ear and my heart be ready to hear. May I be reminded that You hear, see and know all.
    "Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful. It is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things endures all things. Love never ends. So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:4-9,13
    Dear Lord, thank you for your unconditional love. May I feel the love of the church and you through prayers and thoughts. And may I show that same love to others by forgiving them when I am offended through the mighty power and blood of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. I really like that verse! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete