Thursday, October 4, 2012

Opinions

Opinions are wonderful things.

They can be as diverse as oil and vinegar; black and white; or sugar and spice. They help to shape good conversation and meaningful change. They can be pursued with vim and vigor or a quiet fortitude. They can even be kept quiet and to one's self. They are very personal things. They too, unfortunately, can be crammed at you from every angle known to man and then a few more by master mathematician-types.

What you need to remember is that YOUR opinion matters!
What you think matters!
What you believe matters!
The hard lesson to learn is that the person to whom you're speaking is provided those same opportunities.
Their opinion matters.
What they think matters.
What they believe matters.

You cannot change my opinion by telling me I'm wrong any more than trying to make me believe the sky is white at night. Conversely, I cannot change yours. This is what makes the world such a wonderful place. If we all believed the same things, we'd live in Stepford. No thanks!

Civil communication is important. Stand your ground and speak your heart, but don't tell me I'm wrong. If nothing else, I am entitled to my own opinion!

This earth could stand for us to be a little more courteous, polite, and respectful.

At least that's my opinion  . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment