Thursday, October 11, 2012

Share the Wealth

Yesterday started off a little stressful but finished wish such flare and fantasticalness (don't judge me!), that I could hardly stand it.

Unlike the frantic day prior, yesterday was just filled with blessing after blessing after blessing. Letters from friends, help for my son, finding money in the laundry, getting things accomplished, and more.

I even decided to pay it forward and attempted to pay for the few groceries the man in line behind me was buying. When I got to my car, loaded my groceries, and finally hopped in the driver's seat, I noticed that he was standing at my window. He actually attempted to give me my money back.

I asked him where he was from. He replied, "I just moved down here from Long Island, NY. I didn't feel like unpacking so I ordered a pizza for dinner and wanted a few spices to put on top." I asked where he got his pizza from and he answered in the affirmative of one of the best pizza joints around. I told him, it's been a good day for me and I wanted to share the wealth.

He stared at the ground for a moment and then just looked at me kind of dumbfounded. I said, "Please don't give it back . . . you go pay it foward." The smile that beamed from his face was absolutely beautiful! He almost floated back to his car.

Some days . . . you can just see the beauty of a soul in a simple smile!

Go make the world beautiful today!

2 comments: