Friday, February 22, 2013

Ch-Angel 'round the corner

Most of us walk blindly through each day just trying to make it to bed time safely without any extraordinary events wreaking havoc before then. We arise, eat, work, eat, work, eat, play, relax, sleep, repeat. We try to do the right thing and make a little positive difference in our own little corner of this crazy world. It's a decent existence. Most are happy to spread a little cheer and provide a random act of kindness here and there. Rarely do we get a glimpse as to how we're seen by others.

I was blessed with this experience just a few days ago while visiting a wonderful friend and her scrumptious little baby boy. A Ch-Angel beyond explanation, this woman is absolutely outstanding. She has endured tremendous hardship and struggle and still beams with a smile that would brighten the darkest recesses on earth. Her faith and her frivolity with life astounds me to no end. She has allowed the blessing of her beautiful boy to uplift and buoy her through every little trial that comes her way. She is gracious and kind and beautiful . . . inside and out. She holds within her a fire that warms and comforts those who come within a room's distance. She remains strong and confident, even while questioning what she's doing. She's brilliant and I feel honored to merely be mentioned as her friend.

What was so befuddling to me, though, on this particular visit was her description of me. Like I said, most of us just bumble our way through our lives, trying to simply do the right thing and be a good example. She blabbered on and on about me being so strong and amazing. I was dumbfounded. Me? Surely, she must need glasses or therapy. But she continued on with positive statements and compliments. It was most humbling to realize that someone viewed me in this manner. I had no idea. I was just trying to reach bed time.

What her little speech did was to make me realize that maybe I have succeeded in making a difference. Maybe I, in some small way, have been able to emulate all the things I feel about her. Maybe, it is in surrounding myself with folks I want to be like, I have started to better myself.

Thanks, my Ch-Angel Jess! You are amazing! You inspire me! You delight me! You lift me up and push me to be more! Thanks for being you and for being here.

My Ch-Angel 'round the corner!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested iin trading links or
    maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
    My ste covers a lot of the same subjects as youurs and I feel we
    could greatly benefit fromm each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing fom you! Wonderful blog by thee way!


    Here iss my website; stamped concrwte ma - ,

    ReplyDelete