Friday, February 1, 2013

Pair o' Ch-Angels

Yesterday's blog was a little less than my norm. I apologize.

We all have those days when life becomes a burden a little too heavy for us to carry on our own.

It is on those occasions, if you can urge yourself to seek some help, that the Ch-Angels appear!

Yesterday, I had numerous emails and posts checking on me. Thank you SO much for that. You don't understand what a buoy that was. It was truly much appreciated.

Two buddies, however, truly stood out to me. Maybe it's because they were men, in a moment when you're expecting your women friends to step up. (Maybe I'm just being sexist!)

One has been a friend for just a few years, but there was an instant connection between us with a battling of banter and wit. He's a very busy gentleman who seems to always have time for everyone else no matter how many appointments, meetings, calls, clients, and happenings are on his plate. He simply shares himself completely and unconditionally whenever he feels he might be needed and of some comfort. Your attentions yesterday, sir, brought me to tears. They were good tears. Tears that come from knowing, without a doubt, that you really do care and are concerned. Your friendship and hugs mean the world to me. Thank you!

The other gentleman . . . who's better than him? :-)     (Sorry, inside joke!)
This young sir has known me since I was in the seventh grade. That is a long, long, long, long time. He has been, more often than not, more like family than family. He has watched me and helped me grow up. He has listened to my woes, advised me, shared laughter and many beverages with me. He has simply become a staple in my life . . . like food or water . . . that I could not live without! Your concerns about me yesterday were also met with tears. Again, it overwhelms me to think that there are those who will STOP what they are doing because someone else is in need. It is rare. It is beautiful. It is genuine. It is SO appreciated.

So today I give thanks to my Ch-Angels. All of you, but Mr. Martin and Mr. Miller . . . you earned your wings yesterday. Thanks for always supporting me, loving me, and for being my friend. You make my heart happy and my days better.

Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. Did not comment yesterday, but you were on my heart. Prayed you could look beyond the hurtful words. Hurting people hurt others. They need our prayers and words of kindness (Christ love) even when they make no sense. Each day is an opportunity to get better at responding in a loving way since my flesh often wants to lash back with words that certainly will not heal the situation. The Lord provided just what you needed---answers to my prayers. He is showing me to pray first and expect Him to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do not lash back at anyone. I simply pray for him and move along. I cannot change his heart. Only God can do that. I hope God moves upon his soul.

    ReplyDelete