Thursday, August 4, 2011

Props to the Peeps

Yesterday, someone rhetorically inquired as to how I got so wise, as opposed to being a "scrappy young kid," or something along those lines. So, today, I figured I would elaborate a little to shed light where it is due, and give Props to the Peeps that deserve it!

First, I'm not so sure how "wise" I am, but I certainly do try to learn life's lessons as they are hurled at me. I think that no matter how horrible we deem a situation, there is something beneficial to be taken from it. To me, it just makes more sense to leave with a positive than to be swallowed up in the negative. I think one of the best ways to be able to do this is to surround myself with like-minded people.

I have always gravitated toward positive folks. I have fed off their energy and optimism. When someone became burdensome, I tried to lighten their load or assist in their troubles. If they accepted, we moved merrily on together. If not, I'd hug them, love them, and journey toward a brighter spot. I tried never to burn bridges as you'll never know when you'll be running back the other way! Some of those indubitable folks have remained in my life for eons; Susie, Tana, Nancy, Becky, Kate, Jamie, Danny, Don, Donna, Daun & Bill. Some have served incredible purposes and continued on their own journey toward a brighter spot for themselves. Some have taught me very valuable lessons about trust, ethics, morals, and love and have thankfully gone by the wayside.

It would be wrong if I did not thank EVERY single one of them though for assisting me on life's journey. Without those lesson-teachers, I would not have been properly educated in the game of life. Without those chance encounters that loitered only briefly, I would have lost out on the valuable tools they offered. And without those folks who seemed to have lingered in my life since before I existed, I could never have been as blessed as I currently am. I must give Props to the Peeps who have shaped who and what I am. Thank you to those folks who taught me, whether I knew I was learning or not, about virtues and worthiness. It is because of you that I am me!

Thank You!

1 comment: