Friday, August 26, 2011

Just Another Man

Do not condemn my actions til you've stood within my shoes.
Til your vision's through my hazel eyes, you shouldn't judge my views.
My past has formed the words I speak. You cannot claim them wrong.
My heart beats out a happy tune. You just can't deny its song.
My ears have heard some drastic cries. You should not dismiss their grief.
My tongue has choked on bitter words which formed in disbelief.
My hands have labored dutifully. Don't misinterpret the lack of wear.
My arms may appear unmuscled, but don't discount their strength of care.
As you sit beside a stranger; do not rush to judge.
You've no idea from where they've come and through what they've had to trudge.
Accept with open arms and offer a helping hand.
Don't lead or follow, but walk beside. He's simply just another man.

Have the strength today to accept with your heart; not with your eyes. Looks can be deceiving and actions can make a tremendous difference. Today . . . do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment