Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ch-Angels of Choice

Growing up in rural upstate New York, life seemed very simple. Almost too simple sometimes, but there was always laughter and activity. I'm sure you all get those "know your friend" emails that ask 'what was your favorite toy as a child?'. My constant answer, and some of you will go check, is "pick a brother, any brother". I have SIX! Each of them holds a very dear and intricate place in my heart and they are all about as different from the next as you can get.
Cal  - the oldest -  the booksmart, calculator of odds, scholarly gifted, creator by careful precision.

Bill  - the preacher -  gifted in faith, high spirited, a leader, creator by need.

Dan  - the middle-man of the original five -  huge-hearted, giving, social, dynamic, creator by creativity.

Jim  - the writer -  animal lover, purveyor of written wonders, ponderer, creator by craft.

Skip  - "step one" -  witty, whacky, wonderful, creator by choice.

Eric  - the "baby" -  giant in size & heart, sincere, stable, creator by teaching.

Each of these magnificent blessings of God provided me with an incredible youth. My soft side molded by some. My competitive, athletic side carved by others. My creative side driven by others. My social side shaped by others. If one were missing - I would not be whole.

I wish, beyond all other things, that we were all as close as we once were, but life gets in the way. I only hope they know how much I love each of them individually and collectively and how much I thank them for bringing so many special things to me! And I hope that I, in return, have enriched each of them in some special way!

Hugs to you!

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry happy tears. You always seem to touch my heart, reminding me of my own large family and how much I love them and appreciate what they each bring to our family by who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and deserving memories of the "guys" in your life. I knew a couple of them and it is good to see that my impressions of them match yours, since you knew them far better than I did. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete